The Yamaha 4500iSE portable inverter generator with electric start is one of the inverter generators in Yamaha’s lineup which gives you clean electrical power at the sweet spot of 4000 watts. This unit is CARB compliant and good for use in California.
Yamaha generators are well known for their reliability and efficiency. Yamaha uses the latest innovative designs and technology to give you generators that are fuel efficient and rugged to deliver the electric power when you need it.
They also give out cleaner (low harmonic distortion) electricity that is safe for your sensitive electronic equipment.
Power Output and Generation
The Yamaha 4500iSE inverter generator is equipped with a 375 cc OHV air cooled single cylinder 4 stroke Yamaha engine which lets the generator deliver 4000 watts of continuous power while letting it surge up to 4500 watts.
The engine can adjust to power requirements with the inverter technology and run at 1000 to 2600 rpm which reduces fuel consumption and noise output. This model has only an electric start option and no rope recoil method of starting. It uses a 12V 18 amp-hour battery for starting, which you’ll need to keep charged (using only a constant voltage battery charger, which is available from Yamaha) if you use your unit at significant time intervals.
It uses an inverter to provide the AC and DC output. For the AC it has one circuit which connects both the 5-20R and L5-30R receptacles. Therefore all three outlets can be utilized at the same time up to the full output.
In reviewing the wiring diagram only the 5-20R has a circuit breaker limiting the available output at that outlet to 2400W. The L5-30 does not have a AC protector switch and can actually provide up to the full 33.3 amps of rated output if it was in use alone. The practical implication here is that you are unlikely to be using the full output for any extended length of time.
Fuel Type and Noise Levels:
The Yamaha EF4500iSE inverter generator uses gasoline as fuel. It has a fuel tank capacity of 4.5 gallons which lets it run for 15.2 hours at 25% load capacity (1000W). Don’t you love the way that the manufactures are now trying to boost the performance numbers by providing a 1/4 load time.
The standard has been 50% load which is the practical application load when sizing for extended use. At half load you can expect to get closer to the 10 to 12 hour range which is typical for how the gas tank capacity is sized for generators. The claim is also that at full load you have nearly 7.5 hours of run time.
As with many Yamaha generators the insulation noise blocking is very good. And therefore this is a very quiet generator. At 7 Meters it produces a noise level of between 58 and 60 dB when running at 25% load capacity and up to 65 to 68 dB when running at significant load. This will put it at the low end of noise when compared to the vast majority of other generators of this size which will be above the 70 dB level.
Dimensions and Weight
The Yamaha 4500iSE inverter generator has overall dimensions of 30.7 x 24.3 x 27.2 inches ( L x W x H ) and it weighs in at 194 lbs. The four wheel setup with dual handles will make this machine easy to move around on hard surfaces. However, having to lift it will require some help even if you are using running boards to get it into your pickup.
Typical Uses and Needs
With the Yamaha 4500iSE portable inverter generator can produce 4000 watts of continuous output while being able to surge up to 4500 watts, you have sufficient power to run a host of needs. Given the fuel capacity and run time you will be able to power appliances and tools for more than a solid work day.
With its ability to supply clean power which is safe for your sensitive electrical equipment makes this an ideal generator to use in your RV to power your appliances.
It is also a generator that you could take camping or tailgating, but with the weight may not be the best choice for those activities. With its quieter operation it would be a good choice for use in your cabin to power your appliances.
This generator is a great choice to power your essentials and provide additional ability for TVs or radios at home during power outages.
The only downside is that with only an electric start and no recoil rope, you do have to keep the battery charged which either means exercising your unit often or purchasing a constant voltage battery charger.
Display & Control Panel, Start-up
The control panel of the Yamaha 4500iSE inverter generator is located on the side of the generator. When you face the generator you will find at the top left the Hour meter and next to it you have the Power meter.
Below these meters you have 3 LED lights, the one to the extreme left is the Low oil indicator, next to it you have the AC Pilot light and next to that you have the Overload indicator light.
To the right of the Power meter you have a set of duplex 20 amp 120Volt receptacles (5-20R) and next to these you have a 30 amp 120 Volt twist lock receptacle (L5-30R). Above these receptacles you have the Circuit breaker that controls these receptacles.
. Just below and to the right of the 30 amp receptacle you have the Engine switch and below this you have the Fuel valve, where to the right of that you will find the ground terminal
The Yamaha 4500iSE inverter generator is equipped with an electric start. Before you start the engine you need to see that the generator is placed on a level flat surface. Check the fuel in the fuel tank, also check and that you have sufficient engine oil. Here are the steps to be taken to start the generator.
- Turn the Fuel valve to the On position.
- Turn the Engine switch to the On position.
- Now turn the engine switch to the Start position and hold till the engine starts.
- Release the engine switch as soon as the engine starts.
- Turn Off all electrical devices.
- Disconnect all electrical devices.
- Turn the Engine switch to the Off position.
- Turn the Fuel valve to the Off position.
Here are some of the features of the Yamaha 4500iSE inverter generator.
- It can supply 4000 watts of continuous power while being able to surge up to 4500 watts.
- It has a noise block sound reduction system. Letting it produce extremely low noise levels of 58 to 60 dB of sound when running at 25% load capacity and under 68 dB at full load.
- The Fuel capacity of 4.5 gallons allows for it to run for 7.5 hours when working near full output and up to 15.2 hours of fuel at 25% load capacity. (10 to 12 hours for normal operation)
- It delivers clean electricity which is safe for all your sensitive electronic equipment.
- It is designed to run at low speeds which saves you fuel as well as reduces engine wear while reducing the noise level.
- It has an electric start and automatic choke which makes it very easy to start the engine, even in cold weather.
- It is CARB compliant and available in all 50 states.
- It has a Power meter which lets you know how much power is being used.
- It has an hour meter that lets you know when to perform maintenance.
- It has 4 wheels with a parking brake for easy maneuverability.
- It comes with a 3 year factory warranty.
Care and Maintenance and Use
In order to have your Yamaha FE6300iSDE performing at its best and to ensure that it Periodic maintenance is very essential to have your generator running at its best and to ensure a long service life. Here is the maintenance schedule as recommended by Yamaha.
After First month or 20 Hours
- Change the engine oil.
Every 6 months or 100 hours
- Check the spark plug. Clean or replace if necessary.
- Replace the engine oil.
- Check and clean the air filter.
- Check the muffler screen. Clean or replace if necessary.
- Check the spark arrester. Clean or replace if necessary.
After 12 months or 300 hours
- Clean the fuel filter. Replace if necessary.
- Check breather hose for cracks and damage. Replace if necessary.
- Decarbonize the cylinder head.
- Check and adjust the valve clearances.
- Check all fittings and fastners. Tighten as necessary.
Warranty and Repairs
covers all defects in workmanship as well as parts. The generator needs to be registered on purchase.
All repairs are to be carried out by an authorized service agent. All transportation costs are to be borne by the consumer.
The warranty is transferable as long as the generator is inspected by an authorized service agent before transfer.
The Yamaha 4500iSE inverter generator gets high ratings at various sites and has greater than a 90% above the 4 stars.
The customers who bought this generator were very happy with its performance. Most of them commented on the fact that it is very quiet. They also commented on the generator having an electric start and how easy it was to start it.
The customers also liked its fuel efficiency and commented on the long run time before having to refuel it. The customers who used this generator in their RVs liked the fact that it was very quiet and that it powered the AC very easily.
Pros & Cons
- It is best in class for low noises levels at this output range.
- Quality power output up to 4000 watts with an additional 500 watts of surge power
- Low engine rpm to produce electrical output making it very fuel efficient.
- It has an electric start and an automatic choke which make it very easy to start.
- It is CARB compliant and available in all 50 states.
- It has 4 wheels and a parking brake along with twin bar handles that make it easy to move it around.
- It has a low oil warning light.
- It has a built in power meter as well as an hour meter.
- It comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
- It is expensive when compared to other units.
- It is relatively heavy.
The Yamaha 4500iSE inverter generator is available online and in many sportsman type stores. Most online stores will offer free shipping. It is usually available on Amazon for under $3100.00. You can check the latest offers here:Yamaha EF4500iSE 4,500 Watt Portable Inverter Generator
When you buy the Yamaha EF4500iSE inverter generator, you may also want to get a few accessories for it. You can find a generator cover that will keep your generator free of dust and safe from the elements when not in use.
You can also get a remote starter kit for this generator for use in starting the unit at 66 feet away. Check it out here:
Also available is a funnel with a flexible spout to help you fill the engine oil.
There are various sizes of power cords available to help you run your various appliances.
You can also get a RV adapter plug for L5 to RV30.
Go Here to see more power cords
You could also get a battery tender kit to help you keep your battery fully charged at all times.
The Yamaha EF4500iSE inverter generator is a very fuel efficient and compact generator that produces up to 4000 watts of continuous power while being able to surge up to 4500 watts. It has a duplex 5-20R outlet and a L5-30 twist lock.
This generator is very quiet when running and it supplies clean electrical power which is safe for all your electronic equipment. With a long running time of 7.5 to 15.2 hours on 4.5 gallons of fuel, this generator is ideal for powering your appliances in your RV or cabin.
It could be used for camping or for tailgating parties, but it’s weight of nearly 200 lbs., although it has locking wheels, means making sure you have help if you need to lift it or are working on uneven surfaces.
It can also be used as a backup source of power for you home to run the essentials during a power outage or even use it at a job site to power your tools.
This unit has an electric start, but not recoil rope option and is CARB compliant.
It is more costly than other units of this size, and you are paying for quality construction and use which are provided by the insulating sound design and large inverter for quality power output. Yamaha doesn’t share anything in making a great machine and is worth the cost if it’s within your budgetary means.
Similar Generation Units:
Yamaha has a complete line of CARB compliant inverter units which we have reviewed. You can also get current availability and pricing at amazon for the following machines.